A family of Caesalpiniaceae, tanner’s cassia is 3-5 feet tall with many branches, hairy shrub with a reddish brown smooth bark. The leaves are about 7.5 – 10 cm long with a gland between each pair of leaflets. The 8 – 12 pairs of leaflets are 2-2.5 cm long and slightly overlapping. They are oblong-obovate, and obtuse with numerous hairs. the flowers are about 5cm in size. The pods are above 7.5cm long, flat, thin, oblong obtuse and deeply depressed between the seeds. According to research, it is believed that the extracts from the flowers posses anti-hyperlipidaemic and anti-diabetic activities.
Tanner’s Cassia As a Medicine
Tanner’s Cassia is well known to take care of undermentioned
- Diabetes, giddiness, weakness and insomnia
- Oedema in hands and legs
- Blood pressure and constipation
- Excess bleeding during menstruation
- Improves complexion
- Burning sensation during urination
- Eye diseases.
This is how to use Tanner’s Cassia
- To take care of Diabetes, giddiness, weakness and insomnia, make an infusion from the dry roots, bark, flowers, leaves and fruits. Take one (1) teaspoon of this mixture two or three times a day for 2 to 3 months without a break.
- For Oedema in hands and legs, take one tablespoon of the bark with ginger and boil well in one cup of water then filter and drink.
- To take care of Blood pressure and constipation, grind the dry seeds to powder and store. Before going to bed every night, soak half a cup of Black Gram and a slice of fig in two glasses of water. the next morning, boil them very well, strain and remove the solids. Then add half teaspoon powdered seeds of Tanner’s Cassia to the filtrate and drink. Use for 2 – 3 months.
- For relieve from excess bleeding during menstruation, place some cleaned flowers into the vaginal canal for 10 – 15 minutes. Repeat frequently
- For complexion, soak the flowers in the water for few hours and drink
- To ease burning sensation during urination, mix half teaspoon of the gum of this shrub in one cup of water and drink twice a day for several days.
- For eye diseases, fry some leaves in a little clarified butter or ghee, allow it to cool and place on the closed eyelids for about ten minutes.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]