The beautiful apple tree, known world wide for its popular fruit, belong to the plant family Rosaceae. It is a short tree with reddish-brown branches. The leaf margins are serrated or toothed, short petioles, pointed, oval and sometimes pubescent or covered with fine hairs. The attractive flowers sen in bunches are pinkish-white with yellow anthers. The round fruits have short stalks. They are acidic, sweet and green, yellow, pink or red when ripe.
The Medicinal Use
- Intermittent fever, biliousness or excessive secretion of bile.
- Bladder stones, amenorrhoe or absence of menstruation, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, griping pains in the bowels,
- Dysentery, Spleen and kidney diseases.
- Insect bites, toothache and boils..
- Blood purifier.
- Rheumatism, gout and arthritis.
- Chest problems.
- Bronchitis, tuberculosis and asthma.
- Pulmonary infection.
- Sore throat and hoarseness.
- Inflammation of the eyes.
- Gastroenteritis in young children.
- Tobacco or alcohol addiction and haemorrhoids.
- Whooping cough.
How to Use Apple Tree
- The bark of the tree is used by decoction, as a tea, for intermittent fever, bilousness, bladder stones, amenorrhoea, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, gripping pains in the bowels, dysentery, spleen and kidney diseases.
- As a wash it is used for insect bites, toothache and boils..
- The fruit is depurative or a blood purifier.
- An apple fast cures rheumatism and gout.
- The raw or baked apple is good for chest problems.
- As it contains a lot of iron, it is used in bronchitis, tuberculosis and asthma.
- Apple juice used in gargles is recommended for throat and hoarseness.
- The apple juice is also used for inflammation of the eyes. Wash the eyes twice a day with a roll of lint.
- Apple fasting produces a good results in cases of tobacco and alcohol addiction and also in the treatment of haemorrhoids.
- It also helps in case of bronchitis and whooping cough.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]