Carrots and tomatoes have in common their intense color – orange in one and bright red in the other. In both vegetables, the color is due to their high content in plant pigments. Notable examples of these substances are beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) in carrots and lycopene in tomatoes. One of their most notable qualities is to protect the cells against carcinogenic substances, thus avoiding cancer development. This colored juice is especially recommended for:
- Cancer prevention, especially that of digestive organs, lung and prostate.
- Prevention of arteriosclerosis.
- The strengthening of our body’s anti-infectious defenses.
- 500 g of carrots.
- 500 g of tomatoes.
- 1 cucumber.
- Wash and chop the carrots and tomatoes.
- Peel and chop the cucumber.
- Process the vegetables through the electric blender and mix the juice well.
- Serve cold immediately.