Tiger Nut Horchata
This measurement will serve 4 persons.
Health Benefits of Tiger Nut Horchata
Tiger nut horchata is typical along the eastern coast of Spain and some part of African countries like Nigeria, where it is consumed as a healthy and refreshing drink. this nutritious drink comes from a small root called chufa (tiger nut, earth almond). It supplies fiber, carbohydrates, protein, vitamin B1 and E, minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron.
Tiger nut horchata is highly beneficial to the intestine due to its smooth astringent effect and its ability to slow down intestinal fermentation, especially in case of colitis.
Ingredients Required for the Preparation
- 160 grams of dried tiger nuts.
- 1 and half liters of water.
- The rind of one lemon.
- Sort the tiger nuts, making sure that the rotten ones and any other objects are not included.
- Wash and soak them for 24 hours.
- Change the water 2 or 3 times.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Grind tiger nuts with the lemon rind.
- Add half the water and let it set for 20 minutes. Pass through fine cloth.
- keep the liquid in a pitcher.
- repeat the process with the remaining water and add to the pitcher..
- Sweeten with honey or any sweetener preferable.
- Serve cold.