Rice Milk can be used anytime as a refreshing and healthy drink. However, it is especially useful in case of gastroenteritis as it helps stop diarrhea. Rice milk supplies water and minerals especially potassium to replace the loss caused by diarrhea. It also has a high starch content, which produces an astringent effect.
- 200 gram of rice.
- 1 tabblespoon full of honey.
- 1 liter of water.
- The rind of 1 lemon.
- 1 stick of cinnamon.
How to Prepare
- Wash the rice with clean water.
- Boil the water together with the lemon rind and the cinnamon stick for a few minutes.
- Pour this water on the rice and soak for 1 hour.
- Grind the rice with an electronic blender until the mixture becomes milky.
- Sift to separate the solids which can be utilized to prepare soups or hamburgers.
- Stir in the honey in order to sweeten the rice milk.
- Serve cold.